Regulations & Governance Subcommittee
The Regulations and Governance Sub-Committee currently comprises of:
Steve Bullock (Chair) (ex officio)
Peter Prokopa (ex officio)
REGULATIONS & GOVERNANCE SUB-COMMITTEE
Terms of Reference
The Regulations & Governance Sub-Committee will comprise of FIVE members, comprising of the Chair, the Chief Operations Officer and THREE members to be selected to ensure that all contractor groups are represented. The Sub-Committee will be chaired by the LPC Chair.
ROLE OF MEMBERS
Members of the Sub-Committee are jointly accountable to South Staffordshire Local Pharmaceutical Committee.
The Regulations & Governance Sub-Committee has been granted authority by South Staffordshire Local Pharmaceutical Committee to make decisions in line with the responsibilities shown below.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES – GOVERNANCE
- Record and monitor member declarations of interest, and advise on areas of conflict of interest
- Review and update the Committee’s governance policy bi-annually
- Provide advice and guidance to the committee on matters relating to good governance
- Investigate complaints regarding alleged incidences of breaches of governance and report findings to the Committee; if the complaint is against the Chair, then as described in the LPC Constitution the Vice-Chair will take his or her place.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES – REGULATIONS
- Record, monitor and respond to all regulatory activity within its area and that notified to the Committee from outside its boundaries. This will include but is not limited to Pharmacy Needs Assessment, market entry, contractor performance & sanctions and market exit.
- Review and update the Committee on regulatory changes affecting contractors
- Provide advice and guidance to the Committee on matters relating to Regulation and NHS contract.
FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS
Meetings will be held six-monthly immediately prior to LPC meeting, and when necessary to consider urgent business. Meetings may be conducted electronically by any appropriate means.
No business will be conducted unless THREE members are in attendance.
The subcommittee reports to South Staffordshire Local Pharmaceutical Committee.