CPPE Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults – Lichfield, Telford and Keele
Wednesday, 5 April, 2017 19.30
Keele Hall, Old Library Keele University, Keele Campus, Keele, Staffs ST5 5BG
The aim of this learning resource is to give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to deal professionally with safeguarding issues.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- summarise the background and policy surrounding the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and the issues this raises for pharmacy professionals
- convey the importance of pharmacy professionals increasing their awareness of abuse, neglect and child sexual exploitation (CSE) and developing ways of working with other health professionals to promote best practice to deal with situations involving suspected abuse, neglect and CSE
- highlight situations in which you are best placed to observe signs of abuse, neglect and CSE and the legal issues to consider when making a referral
- identify sources of useful information and contacts for the development of local procedures for dealing with suspected abuse, neglect or CSE observed in the pharmacy setting
- confidently make a referral to the appropriate local contacts should the need ever arise.
Passing the e-assessment after completing the learning meets the requirements under the community pharmacy Quality Payment criteria.
Dates and Venues:
3rd April: Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge Forgegate, Telford Town Centre, Telford, Shropshire TF3 4NA
4th April: Lichfield Cathedral Visitors Centre The Old Registry, The Close, Lichfield, Staffs WS13 7LD
5th April: Keele Hall, Old Library Keele University, Keele Campus, Keele, Staffs ST5 5BG