COVID Risk Assessment and what to do in a pharmacy outbreak
Premises and workforce risk assessments
June 19, 2020
- BAME Staff Support and Risk Assessment Primary Care – Pharmacy UPDATE – mainly designed for the community pharmacy contractor/employer. This document includes a workplace risk assessment document. This is from the PSNC website.
- Risk Assessment in the pharmacy which gives helpful information to the contractor/employer about considerations in the risk assessment process and some Q&As
- A document titled BAME and other at Risk colleagues Assessment Form
We recommend that you:
- Read all the documents
- Complete/update a workplace risk assessment document
- Explain to all your staff/colleagues that you want to complete an individual assessment with all who are at greater risk – please don’t assume who is at greater risk as a staff member could have a clinical condition you are unaware of.
- Complete a ‘BAME and Other At Risk Colleagues Assessment Form’ with each relevant member of staff/colleague including considering and implementing any actions you agree with the staff/colleague to reduce their level of risk
- Keep the completed forms in staff/colleague record systems and review at a relevant time
- We expect most staff/colleagues will agree to complete the form with their line manager/HR. However, if a member of staff/colleague does object then consider who else might do this? Would having a representative with them mean they are prepared to go ahead? Do you have a ‘buddy’ colleague that could do it?
- If the results of the risk assessments leaves you with concern how you will continue to operate your pharmacy, please contact the Midlands NHSE&I Regional Team via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- If you have questions then your LPC Chief Officer may be able to help – use the Contact Us form on this website. Please note LPC Chief Officers will not give advice on employment law or HR problems – they will however answer operational queries or signpost you to relevant organisations.
- Consider contacting your Employer Liability Insurance Provider with specific questions
Thank you for completing this important work to help us to support the safety of our teams and colleagues in these difficult times.
NHS England & NHS Improvement – Midlands
What do you need to do if you have an outbreak of Covid in your pharmacy
Please use this checklist that details steps you need to take should a member of the pharmacy team have symptoms of the virus. This checklist can also be used if a pharmacy team member is track using the Track and Trace system.
This check list is based on the SOP issued by the NHS 20200703_SOP for POD FINAL (005)