Primary Care Networks (PCNs)
Primary Care Networks (PCNs) are multi-disciplinary teams of healthcare professionals working together at a local level to deliver joined up patient care. Most Primary Care Networks will cover around 30-50,000 patients registered with constituent GP practices, although in South Staffordshire we have a couple of PCNs covering much larger populations.
PSNC has a comprehensive webpage which provides additional information about PCNs and what they aim to achieve – you can find this at
Across South Staffordshire LPC there are now 12 PCNs (see the document below for GP practice and local community pharmacy alignment). Your LPC has identified which PCN each pharmacy sits in and you can check this out in this document.
If you believe this is not a correct alignment, please let the LPC know by emailing email@example.com .
Getting involved with the work of your PCN
Although general practice will be at the heart of PCNs, NHS England has said that it wants clinical pharmacists (employed by the networks) and community pharmacists to be engaged in the work of the networks.
It is important that community pharmacy teams are fully engaged in the work of PCNs, to optimise their provision of services to patients and because the future development of locally commissioned services will be influenced by PCNs.
PCN Community Pharmacy Leads
Further to our call for Expressions of Interest for the role of PCN Leads and subsequent collation of nominations, we are able to confirm Leads for the following PCN areas :
- Burntwood PCN – Narinder Chahal (N&J’s Pharmacy)
- Cannock Villages PCN – Foram Patel (Well Pharmacy, Norton Canes)
- Rugeley & Haywood PCN – Matthew Bryan (Northwood Pharmacy, Brereton)
- Seisdon PCN – Vacancy
- Stafford Town PCN – Helen Watton (Cornwells Chemist, Holmcroft)
- Stone & Eccleshall PCN – Vacancy
- Cannock North PCN – Chandan Bhogal (Tesco, Hednesford)
- East Staffordshire PCN – Jeetendra Patel (Morrisons, Burton) and Martin Wilson ( Well Pharmacy, Burton and LPC Vice Chair)
- Stafford Central PCN – Vacancy
- Stafford South PCN – Carol Haycock (Northwoods, Whitehouse/Penkridge)
- Mercian PCN – Kieran Eason (Eason Pharmacy, Wilnecote) and Vacancy
- Lichfield PCN – Vacancy