Staffordshire Together for Carers Service
From the 6th April 2021 Carers and professionals on behalf of Carers can contact the County Council for information, advice and support. Dependent upon Carers circumstances and preferences we can undertake a Carers Assessment or a Joint Assessment of the Carers needs alongside the person being cared for. Following this we will work with the Carer to develop a personalised support plan to meet the needs identified within the assessment, which could include support for the Carer and / or the person they are caring for and may include a referral to our new Staffordshire Together for Carers Service.
Carers of all ages can contact the County Council for information, advice and support related to their caring role from the 6th April 2021 Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm via telephone or via email. Young Carers have their own dedicated telephone number should this wish to speak to a Young Carers Assessor. Professionals can refer Carers (providing consent has been given) to Staffordshire County Council by email using the electronic referral forms attached
Adult Carers: 0300 111 8010
Young Carers: 01785 278444
The new Staffordshire Together for Carers Service also starts on the 6th April 2021 and will be delivered by our new provider, n-compass alongside a number of local organisations, including: Changes: Health and Wellbeing who will provide wellbeing support for Carers of all ages; Citizens Advice Staffordshire North and Stoke on Trent delivering financial advice and support; and Catch 22 responsible for delivering a tailored group programme for young carers. n-compass have also partnered with Inspiring Healthy Lives and YMCA who will offer a range of activity programmes to Carers of all ages.
Staffordshire Together for Carers Service will deliver support to Carers free of charge, this will include:
- A dedicated support worker
- 1-2-1 and group-based support
- Information advice and guidance on range of matters relevant to the caring role
- Support to access community resources, networks, and services
- Support to take breaks from caring, including befriending and peer support
- Support to develop emergency and contingency plans and support with future planning
- Training and skills development
- Newsletters four times per year detailing local groups, activities and training
- Online Carers Community Network for Carers to connect with other Carers and talk about topics most important to them
- A 24/7 Volunteer manned Carers Help and Talk (CHAT) Line
Services will be delivered virtually until the Covid-19 restrictions ease to keep Carers, staff and volunteers safe, however once restrictions ease, services will be available from various venues across Staffordshire.
Carers who do not wish to take part in a Carers Assessment but would like to access the information, advice and support provided by the Staffordshire Together for Carers Service can contact them directly, Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm:
Telephone: 0300 303 0621
Text: 07786 201226
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Live Chat: www.n-compass.org.uk/our-services/carers
Please note all communication channels mentioned above go live on 6th April 2021.