New Staffordshire SLAs October 2020
You should sign a copy of the SLA and return an electronic copy of the signature page to Humankind at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, please also copy in email@example.com as this will help ensure that you keep access to the relevant recording modules on PharmOutcomes. On returning the signed SLA you will also gain access to the Humankind Pharmacy Sign Up module which you need to complete to highlight your readiness to deliver the service.
URGENT UPDATE: Please DO NOT use the telephone number listed for Humankind on their FP10MDA prescriptions!
We have today been informed that there is an error in the telephone number on the FP10MDA prescriptions issued by Humankind, the new provider of drug and alcohol services in Staffordshire.
If you need to contact Humankind, please use the following telephone numbers:
STAFFORD – 01785 270080
LEEK – 01538 384361
Please ensure all staff (including locums) are aware of this – the telephone number for the Stafford base listed on the prescriptions is actually a private residential number.
Observed consumption service moving to Humankind
- A new contract for drug and alcohol services (commissioned by Staffordshire County Council) commenced on April 1st 2020, in Staffordshire (not including Stoke on Trent).
- Humankind, a charity (humankindcharity.org.uk), have been awarded a contract of between 4 and 7 years and will sub-contract some service to the Burton Addiction Centre (BAC) and other organisations, to be confirmed.
- The new contract replaces all current drug/alcohol contracts; including adult and young people’s services (both community and residential).
- The new services will be called the Staffordshire Treatment And Recovery Service (STARS), replacing current agreements with One Recovery (ADS – Addiction and Dependency Solutions) and T3 (CGL – Change Grow Live).
- Humankind Charity website
- Humankind Director of Pharmacy is Roz Gittins
Contact details for the drug/alcohol treatment service (Humankind) team managers
West (Cannock, South Staffs and Stafford): Abi Roberts 07812 467096 firstname.lastname@example.org
East (Burton, Tamworth and Lichfield): Emma Cormack 07812 467010 email@example.com
North (NUL and Moorlands): Debbie Moores 07812 467103 firstname.lastname@example.org
- A key priority is to minimise disruption in the short-term. It is anticipated that most staff will remain in post (transferring across contractors under TUPE regulations) and most of the current buildings will be retained.
- Precise details about buildings, contact details (phone numbers/ email addresses) and referral processes will be confirmed in the coming weeks. In the meantime, current details and processes remain unchanged.
- The contract represents an exciting period for treatment services in the county. Resources are being redirected to ensure that more people can receive treatment and quality will improve through closer integration between the different parts of the care pathway.
Supervised consumption claims – you now have access to BOTH the ADS One Recovery modules as well as the new modules for Humankind. We are still waiting for contact details for Humankind locally to add into the Humankind modules but have made the modules live so that you can start to record any prescriptions with a first instalment date of April 1st or later.
Humankind PharmOutcomes Modules
The new modules for Observed (supervised) consumption are live on PharmOutcomes.
You should use Humankind Modules for all prescriptions with a start date on or after 1st April.
If you have FP10MDA forms for your clients which were supplied by One Recovery ADS and which are for April supplies, these should be dispensed as per usual
you will claim for the supervisions from Humankind, not from One Recovery – this was agreed between One Recovery and Humankind as part of the handover process.
PharmOutcomes has been set up so that One Recovery modules will not accept a start date later than March 31st while the Humankind modules will not accept anything with a start date before April 1st 2020.
Patient Registrations – just a reminder that when you start to use the Humankind modules for Nx and Supervised you will have to re-register clients. This is because GDPR means the patient data cannot be transferred from One Recovery to Humankind.
ADS One Recovery Claims Info
The ADS OneRecovery modules will NOT accept a prescription with an instalment start date later than 31st March 2020.
The ADS OneRecovery modules is still available so that you can enter prescriptions started in March but which finish in April – One Recovery are responsible for payment for supervision on these prescriptions.
There will be a final ADS OneRecovery invoice run and you have until April 19th to enter all date. After which time no claims will be accepted.
Please note the ADS One Recovery office in Stafford closed on 31.3.2020 so all previous phone numbers for their offices will no longer work.
So far there has been no new SLA released by Humankind and all pharmacies previously signed up to the One Recovery Service are asked to continue providing the service until the new paperwork arrives. The service is being carried over in the same format as it was already running so there are no changes to report at this time.
Until Humankind release the SLA we are leaving the One Recovery paperwork on this website for reference.
One Recovery Paperwork – carry on using this until the Humankind SLA is released.
Please follow this link to access PSNC Resources on Instalment dispensing and Methadone dispensing.